Jimmy Somerville is a Scottish singer-songwriter and LGBT rights activist, who rose to fame as the lead singer of the synth-pop band Bronski Beat in the 1980s. He has since enjoyed a successful solo career and continues to make music today. But what about his personal life? Who is Jimmy Somerville dating now, and what were his past relationships like? In this article, we’ll delve into the singer’s romantic history, rumors, and current relationship status.
Who is Jimmy Somerville Dating Now?
As of March 2023, there is no news of Jimmy Somerville being in a public relationship. The singer has kept his personal life private in recent years, and there is no evidence of him dating anyone currently.
Jimmy Somerville has been open about his sexuality and has had several high-profile relationships over the years. In the late 1980s, he dated a fellow musician, Richard Coles, who was also a member of Bronski Beat. The couple broke up in 1988, and Coles went on to become a Church of England priest and a popular broadcaster.
Somerville was then in a long-term relationship with a man named William Price in the 1990s. The couple split in 2001, and Somerville later revealed that the breakup had been difficult for him.
Current Relationship Status:
As mentioned earlier, there is no news of Jimmy Somerville being in a current relationship. The singer has remained tight-lipped about his personal life, and it is unclear whether he is dating anyone in private.
Despite his low profile in recent years, rumors have occasionally circulated about Jimmy Somerville’s dating life. In 2018, there were rumors that he was dating a man named William Donaldson, a British author and journalist. However, neither Somerville nor Donaldson commented on the rumors, and it remains unclear whether they were true.
Jimmy Somerville’s breakup with William Price in 2001 was a difficult time for the singer. In an interview with The Guardian in 2009, he revealed that the end of the relationship had led him to suffer from depression and anxiety. However, he also said that he had come out of the experience stronger and had used it as a source of inspiration for his music.
- Jimmy Somerville was born in Glasgow, Scotland, in 1961.
- He rose to fame as the lead singer of Bronski Beat, a synth-pop band that was known for its political activism and advocacy for LGBT rights.
- After leaving Bronski Beat, Somerville formed the band The Communards with Richard Coles. The band had several hits in the UK charts in the late 1980s.
- Somerville came out as gay in the early 1980s and has been an outspoken advocate for LGBT rights throughout his career.
- He has released several successful solo albums, including “Read My Lips” and “Dare to Love”.
- Somerville is also an accomplished artist and has exhibited his paintings in galleries around the world.
Relationship Wiki Table:
|William Donaldson||Rumored Partner||2018|
Jimmy Somerville has had a rich and varied romantic history, but in recent years, he has kept his personal life out of the public eye. Despite occasional rumors about his dating life, there is no news of him being in a current relationship. Regardless of his personal life