- Imani Perry is an American interdisciplinary scholar known for her work on race, law, and literature.
- She was born on September 5, 1972, in Birmingham, Alabama.
- Her mother, Theresa Perry, is a professor of Education and Africana Studies at Simmons College.
- Imani’s ethnicity is African-American, and she holds American nationality.
- She moved to Cambridge, Massachusetts, with her parents at the age of five.
- Imani Perry attended Private High School for her school education.
- Later, she graduated from Yale University with a degree in American Studies and Literature.
- She also earned her Ph.D. from Harvard University in American Civilization and a J.D. degree from Harvard Law School.
- Imani Perry is currently a Hughes-Rogers Professor of African American Studies at Princeton University.
- She is married to Robert Nemirof, and they have two sons named Issa and Freeman.
- As an author, she has written seven books, including “Breathe: A Letter to My Sons” and “May We Forever Stand: A History of the Black National Anthem.”
- Imani Perry’s net worth is estimated to be around $1-5 million.
Imani Perry: Quick Facts
- Full Name: Imani Perry
- Profession: American interdisciplinary scholar of race, law, literature
- Nickname: Hails
- Age: 49 years
- Date of Birth: September 5, 1972
- Religion: Christian
- Nationality: American
- Birthplace: Birmingham, Alabama
- Marital Status: Married
- Husband: Robert Nemirof
- Children: Issa and Freeman
- School: Private High School
- College: Yale University
Imani Perry: Career Highlights
- Imani Perry has served as a professor at Rutgers School of Law and the University of Pennsylvania Law School.
- Currently, she holds the position of Hughes-Rogers Professor of African American Studies at Princeton University.
- In August 2014, she appeared on the public radio show “On Being” with host Krista Tippett.
Imani Perry: Books and Publications
- “South to America: A Journey Below the Mason-Dixon to Understand the Soul of a Nation” (2002)
- “Breathe: A Letter to My Sons” (2019)
- “May We Forever Stand: A History of the Black National Anthem” (2018)
- “Vexy Thing: On Gender and Liberation” (2018)
- “Looking for Lorraine: The Radiant and Radical Life of Lorraine Hansberry” (2018)
- “More Beautiful and More Terrible: The Embrace and Transcendence of Racial Inequality in the United States” (2011)
- “Prophets of the Hood” (2014)
Imani Perry: Net Worth
- Imani Perry’s net worth is estimated to be approximately $1-5 million.
FAQ About Imani Perry
1.Who is Imani Perry?
- Imani Perry is a renowned American interdisciplinary scholar specializing in race, law, and literature.
2.What is Imani Perry’s age?
- Imani Perry is 49 years old as of 2022.
3.Where was Imani Perry born?
- Imani Perry was born in Birmingham, Alabama.
Imani Perry is a highly respected scholar known for her contributions to the fields of race, law, and literature. Her books and publications have shed light on important issues, and she continues to inspire and educate through her work. With a successful career and a loving family, Imani Perry’s journey is truly commendable