Ajay Banga, a man of Indian-American origin, has gained prominence as a business leader. He was nominated by the President of the United States, Joe Biden, to lead the World Bank until February 23, 2023. Currently, he holds the position of Vice President at General Atlantic. This article aims to provide comprehensive information about Ajay Banga’s family, net worth, and other relevant details.
- Nominated as World Bank leader by President Joe Biden.
- Former CEO and President of Mastercard.
- Served as the company’s Executive Chairman from July 2010 to December 2020.
Ajay Banga’s Family
- Married to Ritu Banga.
- Proud parents of two daughters, Aditi Banga and Jojo Banga.
- Ritu Banga, an alumnus of the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad.
- Co-founder of Zoomdojo, a consultancy offering career resources and job search guidance.
- Attended a workshop titled “Career in Impact” at CIIE.
- Ritu Banga reconnected with her alma mater after nearly two decades.
Ajay Banga’s Net Worth 2023
- Currently serves as Vice Chairman at General Atlantic.
- Previously held the role of Executive Chairman at Mastercard.
- Served as President and CEO of Mastercard from July 2010 to December 31, 2020.
- Transitioned from Mastercard to General Atlantic on December 31, 2021.
- Earnings in 2020 amounted to $27.77 million.
- Estimated net worth of $206 million (approximately Rs 1700 crore) in 2023.
Ajay Banga’s Family and Background
- Holds the position of President at the US-India Business Council (USIBC).
- Voice for over 300 major international companies investing in India.
- Also served as President of the International Chamber of Commerce.
- Board member of Dow Chemical Company.
- Member of the Council on Foreign Relations.
- Member of the International Business Council of the World Economic Forum.
- Chairman of Exor, an investment holding firm in the Netherlands.
- Chairs the Public-Private Partnership for Central America with Vice President Kamala Harris.
- Hails from Jalandhar, Punjab.
- Parents’ names are Jaswant Banga (Mother) and Harbhajan Singh Banga (Father).
- Father, a retired lieutenant general in the Indian Army.
- Has a brother named M.S. Banga, a businessman.
Ajay Banga’s FAQs
1.Who are Ajay Banga’s Daughters?
- Ajay Banga is blessed with two daughters, namely Aditi Banga and Jojo Banga.
2.Who is Ajay Banga?
- Ajay Banga is a prominent business executive with an impressive track record.
Ajay Banga’s journey from being the CEO and President of Mastercard to his current role at General Atlantic showcases his remarkable leadership and achievements. With a supportive family, a successful career, and significant contributions to various organizations, he has made his mark in the business world.