Atlas Ramachandran’s Death
- Atlas Ramachandran passed away on 2 October 2022 at the age of 80 due to cardiac arrest in a Dubai hospital on a Sunday night.
Atlas Ramachandran: Early Life and Career
- Born on 31 July 1942 in Thrissur, Kerala, India, Atlas Ramachandran was 80 years old when he passed away.
- He was known for his role as the chairperson of Atlas Jewellery, a popular Indian jewelry retailer, and the tagline of his jewelry store was “Janakodikalude Vishwastha Sthapanam.”
- Apart from being a jeweler, he was also active in the film industry. He produced films under the banner “Chandrakanth Films,” with notable works like Vaisali (1988) and Sukrutham (1994) to his credit. Additionally, he acted in a lead role in the movie Subhadram (2007).
- In 2015, he faced legal troubles when he was arrested for a financial fraud case. He served a 3-year imprisonment in Dubai and was released in 2018.
- Full Name: M. M. Ramachandran
- Popular Name: Atlas Ramachandran
- Profession: Indian Jeweler, Actor, and Film Producer
- Birth Date: 31 July 1942
- Birth Place: Thrissur, Kerala, India
- Age: 80 years old
- Home Town: Thrissur, Kerala, India
- Zodiac Sign: Leo
- Death Date: 2 October 2022
- Death Place: In a Hospital in Dubai
- Cause of Death: Cardiac Arrest
- Current Residence: United Arab Emirates
Family and Relationships
- Atlas Ramachandran hailed from a family with a rich cultural and literary background. His father, late V. Kamalakara Menon, was a poet known for hosting frequent Akshara Shlokam recitation sessions at home.
- He was the third of eight children and the second son in the family.
- Atlas Ramachandran was married to Indira Ramachandran, and they had two children, a daughter named Manju Ramachandran and a son named Srikanth Ramachandran.
- After completing his bachelor’s degree in commerce from St. Thomas College, Thrissur (affiliated with Kerala University), Atlas Ramachandran pursued work opportunities in New Delhi.
- In Delhi, he began his career in the banking industry, joining Canara Bank. Later, he earned a post-graduation degree in economics from the Delhi School of Economics.
- Subsequently, he was selected as a preliminary officer by the State Bank of India.
- He later moved to the United Arab Emirates, where he introduced the concept of mega-offers in the regional gold trade, making ATLAS a favored destination for over a million customers.
- Atlas Ramachandran had a successful career in various fields. As a result, he accumulated a net worth of 740 million AED (Rs 1,583.77 crore) through his roles as a Film Actor, Producer, Film Director, and Businessperson.
Nationality and Religion
- Atlas Ramachandran was an Indian national and practiced Hinduism.
FAQs About Atlas Ramachandran
Q1) Who was Atlas Ramachandran?
- Atlas Ramachandran, also known as M. M. Ramachandran, was an Indian jeweler, actor, and film producer. He was the chairman of Atlas Jewellery, a prominent Indian-owned jewelry retailer.
Q2) What was the age of Atlas Ramachandran?
- At the time of his death, Atlas Ramachandran was 80 years old, having been born on 31 July 1942 in Thrissur, Kerala, India.
Q3) How did Atlas Ramachandran die?
- Atlas Ramachandran passed away on 2 October 2022 due to cardiac arrest. He was in a Dubai hospital at the time of his demise.
Q4) What was the nationality of Atlas Ramachandran?
- Atlas Ramachandran was an Indian by nationality.
Q5) What was the net worth of Atlas Ramachandran?
- Atlas Ramachandran had a net worth of 740 million AED (Rs 1,583.77 crore) through his various roles in the film industry and as a jeweler and businessperson.