Paul Flores is an American citizen who gained attention in May 1996 due to the disappearance of a college student named Kristin Smart. He was suspected of being connected to her vanishing, being the last person seen with her. This article explores Paul Flores’ involvement in the case, his legal journey, family details, and more.
Paul Flores Wiki
- Paul Flores is an American citizen born in California.
- He became known after the disappearance of Kristin Smart in 1996.
- Rumors indicated he was the last person to see Kristin alive.
- Kristin was 19 years old at the time of her disappearance.
- In April 2021, Paul and his father Ruben were arrested on suspicion of Kristin’s death.
- Kristin was declared dead in absentia in 2002 at the age of 25.
- A California jury found Paul Flores guilty of Kristin Smart’s 1996 murder.
- Ruben Flores, Paul’s father, was not found guilty of assisting in the crime.
|Birthplace||California, United States|
|Age||46 years (as of 2023)|
|Education||California Polytechnic State University|
Paul Flores Sentenced For 1996 Kristin Smart Murder
- On April 13, 2021, Paul and Ruben Flores were taken into custody.
- Paul was charged with murder, and Ruben was accused of being an accessory.
- Investigation revealed Paul attempted to rape Smart.
- Although the statute of limitations had expired on sexual assault charges, attempted rape warranted first-degree felony charges.
- In September 2021, there was sufficient evidence for a trial.
- The trial was initially set for April 25, 2022, but was postponed due to a venue change motion.
- The trial began in Monterey County with opening arguments in July 2022.
- On October 18, 2022, Paul was found guilty of first-degree murder, while Ruben was acquitted of being an accessory.
- Paul was sentenced to 25 years on March 10, 2023.
Paul Flores Family, Sister
- Paul’s parents are Ruben Flores (Father) and Susan Flores (Mother).
- His father is a businessman.
- He has a sister named Ermelinda Thomas.
- Further family details will be updated as available.
Nationality and Ethnicity
- Paul holds American nationality.
- His ethnicity is White.
Paul Flores’ involvement in the Kristin Smart case and subsequent trial brought significant attention. Found guilty of first-degree murder, he now faces a 25-year sentence. His family background and connections remain a part of the story, while the memory of Kristin Smart’s tragic disappearance continues to be remembered.