- Roger Maris, also known as Roger Eugene Maris, was a famous baseball player from the United States.
- He played as a right fielder for various teams, including the “Cleveland Indians,” “Kansas City Athletics,” “New York Yankees,” and “St. Louis Cardinals.”
- In 1961, he made history by setting a Major League Baseball (MLB) single-season home run record with an incredible 61 home runs.
- This record was later tied by Aaron Judge from the New York Yankees on September 28, 2022, during the MLB regular season.
Roger Maris’ Family and Sons
- Roger Maris was a devoted father to four sons: Roger E Maris Jr., Kevin J. Maris, Randy Maris, and Richard Maris.
- Recently, when Aaron Judge tied his father’s home run record, Roger Maris Jr. shared a touching moment with Judge’s mother, Patty Judge, expressing pride and joy.
Roger Maris’ Family Background
- Maris was born to Rudolph S. “Rudy” Maras (later changed to Maris) and his wife Ann Corrine “Connie.”
- The couple got divorced in 1960, and Rudolph passed away in 1992.
- Maris had an elder brother named Rudolph.
Roger Maris’ Marriage and Children
- Roger Maris was married to Patricia A. Maris from 1956 until his death in 1985.
- They first met during a high school basketball game when they were both in the tenth grade.
- The couple had a beautiful family of six children: four sons named Roger E Maris Jr., Kevin J. Maris, Randy Maris, and Richard Maris, and two daughters named Sandra Maris and Susan A. Maris.
Roger Maris’ Birth and Education
- Roger Maris was born on September 10, 1934, in Hibbing, Minnesota.
- His zodiac sign was Virgo, and he practiced Christianity.
- He attended Bishop Shanley High School and graduated in June 1952, where he actively played baseball and football for the Shanley Deacons.
Roger Maris’ Passing
- Roger Maris passed away on December 14, 1985, at M.D. Anderson Hospital in Houston, Texas.
- He was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin lymphoma in 1983, battling the disease until his passing.
- Roger Maris stood tall at 6 feet, approximately 183 cm, and weighed over 91 kg.
Nationality and Ethnicity
- Roger Maris was an American by nationality, and his parents hailed from Croatian descent.
Net Worth of Roger Maris
|Year||Net Worth (Estimated)|
Education of Roger Maris
|Bishop Shanley HS||1952||Sports|
|University of Florida||1953-1954||Business|
|Wichita State University||1965||Physical Education|